Theodoli Castle, which overlooks the town of Ciciliano and the surrounding valleys, is protected by high walls and towers. It is located only 20 minutes east of Rome and 10 minutes from Tivoli. The many historical events of which it was the protagonist left their marks. Great signs like the different shape of the towers, small signs like the graffiti left by those who were locked up in their prisons, still strongly visible. A sublacense register from the year 1000 shows the news of the donation of the Castello di Ciciliano to the Abbey of Subiaco.The origin of the castle has been said to reach back to the Arabs at the river Aniene in 916 a.d. Coming from Sicily, they gave the place name of Sicilianum, which later became Ciciliano.In the following centuries many noble families, like the Colonna, Farnese, Borgia, Carafa, Massimo, and Theodoli inhabited the castle. In 1576 the territory, the castle, the town of Ciciliano and the properties of Pisoniano and San Vito Romano were taken over by Mons. Gerolamo Theodoli, Bishop of Cadiz. The castle still belongs to the Marchese Marco Theodoli and his sons.The castle is square in shape, with 4 bastions at the corners (circular one on the southern corner added in the XV century and with a quadrangular shape the other 3), it has an access consisting of 2 symmetrical ramps with exedra, the result of transformations carried out in the early decades of the twentieth century.At the access level, between the 2 ramps, there is a room used as a shed. From the same period are the transformations carried out at the last level, in particular the realization of the flat roof following the removal of the pitched roof of the Guelph battlements wanted by the architect Gerolamo Theodoli.The noble floor leads to 2 small but amazing hanging gardens, along the wall of which there are the walkways. Partly in good condition (first floor) and partly to complete the renovation (second floor and towers) , the castle is perfect to be used ad a private residence of absolute value or for the headquarter of a foundation. It is also suitable for the realization of a boutique hotel and for events.The beauty and the charm of the place and the short distance from Rome, make it an ideal setting for receptions, meetings, congresses, and weddings even if access to the machines is limited due to the conformation of the village below and for this destination it is necessary to make numerous changes. The large and luxurious rooms are furnished with antiques and evoke the atmosphere of the past.Weddings can also be celebrated in either of the two churches of Ciciliano, a few steps from the castle, as well as in the family chapel inside the castle. The castle is also good as a cinematographic and photo shoot location.The entire structure can accommodate up to 300 people.